Functional Skills in ICT – Free
This is the ideal qualification if you are brand new to the world of computers and really want to learn the basics. Our courses are taught face to face in a classroom environment by qualified tutors who are friendly as well as understanding the fact that you are taking your first steps and will require a great deal of support initially to get you going.
You will learn how to use a keyboard and mouse, get yourself acquainted with the internet to find information that is relevant to you, sending emails to family and friends and also using social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter
The qualification is split over 2 levels and the starting level will be determined at the initial induction.
Attending our courses is absolutely free. To get a place, you first need to register for an Assessment Day below at one of our training centres. Just pick the most convenient centre for you, and then turn up with your documentation
- Proof of ID: passport or birth certificate .
- Proof of benefits: JSA award letter from JCP or bank statement showing your JSA payment not older than 2 months.
- Proof of address).
If you can prove your eligibility by bringing in all the necessary documents and you pass the initial assessment exam, you will be invited to enrol into the course. We’ll drop you an e-mail explaining the things you need to bring after you’ve chosen your time and place.
The full Level 2 Course will cover the following topics:
- Improving productivity using IT
- Presentation software – using Powerpoint for creating superb presentations
- Spreadsheet software – using Excel to create functional and business essential spreadsheets.
- Word processing software – using Word for editing and formatting to create amazing documents.
Assessment is done via a series of online tests once you are fully ready.
Who is this course for?
This course is for designed for people who wish to improve their IT Skills.
What will you get out of it?
After completing this course, you will have the skills and certificates necessary to get a admin or office job.
ECDL Extra (Level 2) – Free
In order to qualify for our free courses, you need to be:
- Over 19 years when you start the course at Synergy Skills Training
- Currently receiving JSA or ESA stating Work Related Activity Group or Income Support
- You can still recieve the course FREE even if you are working.
- Resident in the UK or EU for the past 3 years with the right to work in the UK