Looking for new and raw talent?
What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships can last up to six months and include:
- Work preparation training
- English and maths* support if required.
- A work experience placement of six weeks to five months with an employer
- In addition to these basic elements, you and the training provider can add flexible additional content to meet the needs of your business and the local labour market.
What are the benefits of offering Traineeships?
- Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace. Traineeships will help to tackle this problem, while benefiting businesses in the following ways:
- You as an employer can design a high quality Traineeship within your company in partnership with a training provider – one that suits both the needs of your business and the needs of the trainee.
- You can get ahead of the competition by bringing enthusiastic young people with their fresh ideas into your business before they get on to the job ladder.
- Traineeships will allow you to shape the skills and experience of young people from your local community, helping your business to develop a loyal and talented workforce.
- Working with trainees will give established staff members the chance to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching young people.
- If you decide to offer a trainee an Apprenticeship you could be eligible for an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of £1500.**
What will my business need to provide?
Your company will need to provide:
A high quality work experience placement for the trainee, lasting anything from six weeks to a maximum of five months.
Work experience placements should be:
- Substantial and meaningful,
- providing a real workplace experience.
- A structured opportunity for the young person, matched to their areas of interest and aspiration, where they engage in purposeful work related learning activities rather than observation.
- Long enough to allow for the development and thorough embedding of new skills and behaviours.
Synergy Skills Training can deliver the Traineeships for your business Trainesships are being delivered from our Luton, Northampton or Bedford Centres.